Summer salad days!
Here is another of our very popular salads. The strong flavour of the peppers works well with the mixed rice base.
Freshness is added by the chopped herbs including parsley, coriander, mint and chive, while the crumbled feta cheese seals the salad with its unique all-Mediterranean flavour.
We love to prepare this salad because while cooking the rice we can chop up all the other ingredients and very quickly have a beautiful fresh summer salad.
Let me share this recipe with you:
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 300g gourmet mixed rice (red, wild and white)
- 2 heaped tablespoons of bouillon
- 150g of crumbled feta cheese
- 1 large red pepper diced
- 1 large yellow pepper diced
- 1 large green pepper diced
- 1/2 cucumber diced
- 1 small bunch of flat leaf parsley roughly chopped
- 1 small bunch of coriander roughly chopped
- 10 medium size mint leaves roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons of chives finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- a few olives and sunblushed tomatoes for decoration.
- Cook the rice in boling water along with the tablespoons of bouillon.
- Once cooked drain well.
- Put the diced peppers, cucumber and chopped herbs in a bowl and mix with the extra virgin olive oil.
- When cool add the drained rice and mix.
- Top the rice salad with the crumbled feta cheese, olives and sunblushed tomatoes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and serve.
I hope you enjoy this speedy delicious salad. Its both simple and perfect for those hot summer days!