Happy New Year!
How full of hopes, dreams and lists of good things these three little words are.
We only have the chance to say them once a year so let’s make the most of them!
To get things off to a great start I am sure many of you have on your list to get healthier, perhaps to eat healthier food – maybe even to learn how to cook in this way.
Well, if you cannot come to the store on a day I make this wonderful, fragrant soup, you will need my recipe to make it for yourself. Fortunately, it’s quick, easy and has a fantastic flavour!
This soup is made with some of my favourite ingredients – carrots and millefiori honey – and is also suitable for people who need, or simply prefer, their food to be gluten-free, dairy-free and wheat-free.
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 1 finely chopped, medium-size, golden onion
- 500g cleaned and chopped carrots
- 1 chopped celery stalk
- 700ml hot water with 1 heaped tablespoon of gluten-free or yeast-free vegetable bouillon. Alternatively use 700ml of fresh vegetarian stock.
- 3 generous tablespoons of millefiori honey
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- Warm the oil in a medium pot over gentle heat. Add the onions and cook until golden, then add the celery.
- When the celery is cooked, stir in the chopped carrots and cook until golden on all sides for (normally about 5 minutes).
- Next add the hot water with bouillon or fresh vegetarian stock. Bring to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer gently until the carrots are tender throughout but not falling apart.
- Remove the pot from the heat and stir in the millefiori honey.
- Pour the soup into a blender and blend to a smooth consistency. Add extra water if too thick.
- Adjust with salt or pepper to taste. Serve immediately.
This soup is an excellent winter warmer, and is complemented beautifully by a little heart-shaped multiseeded roll.
Just the right food to nourish you and set you off on your journey to conquer the world!