Salads are not only one of my favourite dishes, but they are becoming an increasingly popular choice with our customers.
Salads present the perfect opportunity to overcome an increasingly common preference for food that is gluten, wheat and/or dairy-free.
This millet salad with goat’s cheese, avocado, sour cherry, oven-roasted plum tomato and spicy aubergine jam is wheat and gluten free and includes the perfect source for omega 3, avocado.
Ingredients: (serves 4)
- 200g of millet
- 1 litre of water
- A couple of tablespoons of vegetable bouillon
- 200g of goat’s cheese
- 1 large ripe avocado
- 2 large handfuls of dried sour grapes
- Several tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 lemon
- A small bunch of mint leaves
- A small bunch of chives
- 4 generous tablespoons of lemon-infused oil
- 10 slow-roasted plum tomatoes
- 2 heaped tablespoons of aubergine jam
- Take the litre of water and put into a pan. Mix in the vegetable bouillon and bring to boiling point.
- Put the millet into the boiling water and cook for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Once cooked, drain and leave the millet to cool in a container mixed with a couple of tablespoons of the lemon-infused olive oil.
- Put the sour cherries into a bowl and cover with hot water. Leave to soak for 10/15 minutes. Drain.
- Put the cherries onto a non-stick oven tray with two tablespoons of olive oil and one tablespoon of sugar.
- Mix well and bake for 10/15 minutes on 160Â°C until crispy and caramelised. Leave to cool.
- In the meantime, peel and cube the avocado. Squeeze the lemon juice over the avocado to avoid any change of colour.
- Slice the goat’s cheese into cubes.
- Using scissors, chop the chives and mint leaves onto the millet.
- Mix all remaining ingredients with the millet.
- Top the salad with the remaining lemon-infused olive oil adding salt and pepper to taste.
- Decorate with the slow-roasted tomatoes and aubergine jam, then serve.