Red quinoa and poached chicken salad with roasted hazelnut, pea, watercress and lemon oil dressing
Ingredients (serves 4)
- 300g cooked red quinoa (150g uncooked)
- 300g roughly shredded poached chicken breasts
- 150g watercress
- 200g shelled fresh or frozen peas
- 100g chopped roasted hazelnuts (reserve a tablespoon for decoration)
- 30g unsalted butter
- juice and zest of 1 organic lemon
- extra virgin olive oil
- Melt the butter in a pan and quickly cook the peas for a minute or so.
- Mix the peas with the red quinoa and chopped hazelnuts.
- Pour a couple of tablespoon of olive oil and half the lemon juice with the salad and add salt, pepper and nutmeg to taste.
- Divide into 4 dishes ready for serving.
- Arrange watercress and shredded chicken breast on top of the quinoa salad.
- Mix the remaining lemon juice with 3 tablespoons of olive oil, salt and pepper. Pour into a little jug for your guests to use.
- Scatter lemon zest and the extra chopped hazelnuts on the salad
- Serve with the lemon dressing on the side.