Sunday morning for us is all about taking things slightly slower and going back to our favourite spot for breakfast… our very own deli!
Sunday morning is also about reading the food magazines from all over the world. Italian, Australian, American and of course British. I go through their pages and highlight what I think I should try for next week’s menu.
The only problem is that sometimes the pictures of the food are so fantastic I have to make them them immediately!
Anyway, James loves oat slices. So, after some experimenting I prepared just what he was looking for – the delicious and wholesome oat slices in the photo.
They are just perfect to start the day, especially if you combine them with a cup of frothy, double-shot cappuccino!
- 300 grams of wholemeal flour
- 150 grams of rolled oats
- 2 tablespoons of acacia honey
- 250 grams of butter
- 125 grams sugar
- 500 grams of fresh raspberries
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence
- a pinch of salt
- In a mixing bowl combine the rolled oats with the wholemeal flour and salt.
- Melt the butter in a pan and stir in the sugar until it dissolves.
- Pour this mixture into the bowl of oats and flour.
- Add the honey.
- Mix well until a soft dough is created.
- Wash the raspberries and put them in a bowl with the vanilla essence.
- Divide the dough into two equal amounts.
- Take one piece of dough and press it into the bottom of a non-stick brownie tin (roughly 20x25cm).
- Spread the raspberries evenly on top.
- Press the other piece of dough on top to create an even layer. Take care not to press too hard and squash the raspberries!
- Bake in the oven at 180°C for 25 minutes or until just golden.
- Cool, then cut and enjoy!